December 3, 2008

Busy Busy Girl

Good grief I have been busy lately. The Man pointed out the other night that I had stopped blogging. It wasn't intentional, life just kind jumped up and swallowed me whole this past week. After The Wise One went home I started in on my candles. It's a fun thing to do, but it can become all consuming if I let it. However, I am happy to report that a week and a 1/2 later I have a little over 100 candles ready to be sold. My goal is to get them sold quickly so that I can go back and buy more supplies to sell more...cross your fingers for me. My poor kitchen is swimming in candles right now - it's really kinda funny.

This past weekend, The Man's best friend and family came down for the weekend. I am so happy they were able to get here - we have tried to get them down here for the whole 4 years we have been here. But alas, they finally made it and it was on a long weekend. For those of you who don't know much about Tulsa...when you come to Texas...you come to go shopping. So on Black Friday (yes, i know we are crazy) we headed out to Grapevine Mills Mall. Now let me explain something to you - this mall is a nightmare on any normal day of the year. I swear there is always a crazy busy crowd there, and Black Friday was insane as expected. But we found some good things and got a little christmas shopping done. Saturday we headed up to Frisco to go to Ikea...let me just say I HEART IKEA!! I mean I am so in love with this place - I swear our next house we are going to furnish it with all things IKEA. But this trip was just for little things - so we got a new wine rack, wine glasses, tuperware and a couple of other things. Our friends went back the next day on their way home. She hearts Ikea too. :)

Sunday after our friends left I had a photo shoot with a couple. It was super crazy windy on Sunday...I mean REALLLY crazy windy. It was pretty tough to get some pictures - there were so many that didn't turn out good, but I had my darn camera on the wrong settings. so frustrating. But overall, I am pretty happy that I was able to capture a couple despite the darn wind.


My Christmas shopping is progressing. The photo books have been ordered and I have gotten a few of the smaller things on the list. I really need to sit down tonight and figure out what else needs to be done. I think mostly it's just shopping for all the kids in the family. I have Little Sister's gift taken care of...well part of it. Other than that...wow there is still a lot to do.

OK, gotta get back to work. This week has been super productive and we have made several steps in the right direction. It's a good feeling to be able to do what you were hired for and see it making a difference. This week's focus is annual performance reviews - next week...who knows.




1 Comment:

Those Crazy Scotts said...

I heart your new photos! The color is awesome and the lighting was perfect!